Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Enough already!

I did not post anything on One More Day while Casey's countdown was going on out of respect for my friend and co-author. Eventually, it kind of faded on me until I saw a posting on Comics Should be Good saying that nothing done in Brand New Day couldn't have been done with a married Peter Parker. No real backup - just stating the point.

To this I say ENOUGH ALREADY!

We get it - you didn't like One More Day. Fantastic. Move on. The stories are going forward, why the hell can't you? The repeated belly-aching about this story has gone on way past the point where it has any right to. It's like driving from Point A to Point B using Road C instead of Road D, even though Road D is a lot prettier. Are you going to moan about it for months past the trip? No! You got to Point B. Well done.

I have not heard anyone complain that Spider-Man needs to go back to organic web shooters, unmasked, and on the run from the government. The general consensus is that, despite how he got there, Peter is in a more comfortable place for readers now. The trip has ended. We've reached the destination. We aren't going back and taking another route now. LET. IT. GO.

And that's it. I've said my piece, and now I will heed my own advice and wash my hands of this debate.

No comments: